Now it becomes so easy to update Kodi. Yes, you have read it right. Here we are going to discuss several methods that you can adopt for updating the version of Kodi installed on your device.
The best thing is that now to complete the updating process there is no need to visit any software person or follow any hectic procedure. The steps are very simple and also easy to follow.
Kodi is an application that is compatible with almost all the device is including Mac OS, iOS, Windows, Android, Amazon Fire OS and several others.
To make the features more amazing, the developers of Kodi always try to bring something new with the help of the latest updates. If you are also willing to enjoy all the latest added features then you have to update the Kodi. In the below section we have Stated the procedures to update Kodi according to the OS of the device. So choose accordingly.
How to Update Kodi
For macOS Users:
If you are a Mac OS user then there is only one way to update the Kodi and that is Re-installing the application. Follow the procedure given:
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of Kodi and then from the homepage click on the download tab available
- From the dropdown list, you need to select and hit on ‘MacOS’ on the device option
- On the next page, you will see an option given as ‘Installer (64bit)’, hit on the option and then the downloading procedure for the latest Kodi version will get started
- Wait for a file until the file gets downloaded and then double click on it
- Finally, you need to drag and drop the latest version of Kodi application into your application folder
- confirm the decision of replacing the existing file with the new file
- Now you are all set to use the latest version of Kodi on your device
If you are a Linux user then you must know that the applications get installed on this operating system by typing some commands. To update the Kodi version, you have to follow the same procedure as:
- First of all, you need to run the terminal interface by using the command as CTRL + ALT + T
- The first command you need to input is Sudo apt-get update and then press enter
- The second command you need to put is Sudo apt-get upgrade;
- Finally, you have to put the command as Sudo apt-get dist-upgrade;
By providing the above given three commands you will be able to update the latest version of Kodi successfully. In case you are facing any sort of problem while completing the procedure then all you can do is uninstall the application and reinstall it again.
If you are an Android user then it will be very easy for you to update the Kodi application on your device. All you need to do is:
- Visit the Google Play Store and then hit on the hamburger button available at the top left corner
- Select and choose the “my apps and games” option and then check the updates
- In case any new update is available then it will be shown in the Google Play Store
- Hit on the update tab available at the right side of the screen and the updating process will get started
- Now you are all set to use the updated version of Kodi on your Android device
If you are having an Android box or Android TV then you get the latest update version you have to reinstall the application again.
Amazon Fire TV / Fire TV Stick
If you are having an Amazon fire TV or fire TV stick then and we are sorry to say that you cannot download the Kodi latest version on your fire system with the help of the Amazon application store.
To update the Kodi application on the firestick device, you have to repeat the process of installation. While download in it is important to remember and make sure that you are choosing the latest version.
For this, all you need to do is to delete the existing Kodi from your fire stick and then install the addons again. This process will also help you in eliminating all the technical glitches if available.
In Xbox one there is a feature of automatic update that automatically updates all the applications and game at the time.
But sometimes due to any technical glitch, the update process has to be e completed manually. So if you are willing to update Kodi on Xbox one then you have to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, on your gamepad, you need to press the Xbox button
- This button will open the guide
- Now you need to select ‘My Games & Apps’, and then from the left side of the same screen you need to hit on the updates tab
- In case any update is available then it will be seen in that tab
- Hit on the update option and the updating procedure will get started easily
If you are using Chromebook and want to update Kodi then the procedure is very simple. All you need to do is to visit the Google Play Store and you will get the updated version of the application there.
If you find any sort of problem while updating the Kodi app then you can use the second method that is uninstalling the previous application and Reinstalling the latest version again.
Nvidia Shield TV
Nvidia Shield TV is also powered by the Android TV and the updating process of Kodi on this device is same as you update Kodi on the Android device.
For updating the Kodi version you need to visit the Google Play Store and follow the above-given instructions carefully.
If you are having a smart TV then, to update the Kodi application you need to visit the Play Store and then search for the update in the “My apps” section. If you find the update available then all you need to do is to hit on the update option and then the downloading procedure will get that its and within seconds The Kodi version will get upgraded
With the help of above-given methods, you can easily update the versions of Kodi. While updating you needs to ensure that you are following the right instructions.
To provide you with the right information, we have stated the instructions according to the operating system of the devices. Hence you are suggested to go through the information completely and follow the procedure according to the OS of your device.